1) Republicans not only want to reduce women's access to abortion care,
they're actually trying to redefine rape. After a major backlash, they
promised to stop. But they haven't yet. Shocker.
2) A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term for victims
of rape, stalking, and domestic violence to "accuser." But victims of other
less gendered crimes, like burglary, would remain "victims."
3) In South Dakota, Republicans proposed a bill that could make it legal to
murder a doctor who provides abortion care. (Yep, for real.)
4) Republicans want to cut nearly a billion dollars of food and other aid to
low-income pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids.
5) In Congress, Republicans have a bill that would let hospitals allow a
woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.
6) Maryland Republicans ended all county money for a low-income kids'
preschool program. Why? No need, they said. Women should really be home with
the kids, not out working.
7) And at the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head
Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in
8) Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim
at them too. A spending bill would cut funding for employment services,
meals, and housing for senior citizens.
9) Congress just voted for a Republican amendment to cut all federal funding
from Planned Parenthood health centers, one of the most trusted providers of
basic health care and family planning in our country.
10) And if that wasn't enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all
funds for the only federal family planning program. (For humans. But
Republican Dan Burton has a bill to provide contraception for wild horses.
You can't make this stuff up).
Get Liberal T-Shirts, Stickers ‘n Buttons at TheLiberalStore.com!